Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My toes to keep....

(written May 28, 2009)
Seriously? Does the world need another mommy blog??

So recently, my work spouse (I'll explain later-hey NK, I know you're reading!) introduced me to blog reading which has become my latest addiction (like seriously, is there a support group?)...so since I've been stalking other people's blogs, I've been thinking for awhile about starting one of my own....but between Facebook, Twitter, and blog reading, I wasn't sure if I would have the time :) Oh yeah, and working full-time. Well last night as I was getting Pinky Toe ready for bed (we've recently starting saying bedtime prayers) her prayer went something like this "Now I way me, down to sweep, I pray the lord, my toes to keep...Amen" She was so very sincere with it and I was trying so hard not to laugh, but I thought it was the funniest, yet sweetest prayer I'd heard. She was so proud of saying her "toe prayer"...looking to me for approval and it really got me to thinking about how fast my sweetpea is growing up. Before I became a mother and I heard people say "oh, they grow up so fast" I used to think to myself..."what lies! it took me forever to grow up!" Now I know what they meant and I just want to cherish these innocent moments with her (before those terrible teenage years kick in :(

So while the world might not need another mommy blog...too bad! I need it :)
So welcome to "my toes 2 keep"...an introduction to Kennedy and my single mommy life :)

Enjoy...or not

No comments:

Post a Comment